USER MANUAL INDEX
Initial Setup (Section 1)
1. On the first load of the Red Dragon Card Catcher, you’ll be asked to pick your database. The Red Dragon Card Catcher supports DriveHUD, Holdem Manager 2, and PokerTracker 4 for HUD Support. It will catch hands in real time for importing into Holdem Manager 1 and PokerTracker 3, but will not launch a HUD.
2. Red Dragon Card Catcher will auto setup your import directories for you. Once it’s set up you’ll receive the below message. However, it’s important to double check your settings in your poker database to ensure that your database is importing from the correct directory (see section 2 for PokerTracker 4 or section 3, for Holdem Manager 2. DriveHUD doesn’t need the import settings).
PokerTracker 4 Setup (Section 2)
1. In PokerTracker 4, check your auto import directory setup by clicking on CONFIGURE from your top menu options. Then click on SITE & IMPORT OPTIONS. Under Poker Network on the left-hand side, select iPOKER. Make sure that Get Hands while playing on site is CHECKED. Under Directories Configuration, make sure that the Red Dragon Card Catcher directory is listed. If you used the default installation directory it will be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ace Poker Solutions\Red Dragon Card Catcher\HandHistories. If it’s not there, then click the ADD button, and add: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ace Poker Solutions\Red Dragon Card Catcher\HandHistories. Click OK and close the Import Configuration screen.
2. Load up Red Dragon Poker client and log into your account.
3. Once the import folder is properly set up, make sure that the Red Dragon Card Catcher says STOP CATCHING (this means it’s grabbing hands from Red Dragon Poker and creating hand histories) on the main interface. If it doesn’t for any reason, then click START CATCHER.
5. Lastly, from PokerTraker 4 click on PLAY POKER, and GET HANDS WHILE PLAYING.
6. Load up some tables with your emulator or the Red Dragon Poker application and start playing. The HUD will take a hand or two to load from PokerTracker and then the HUD will appear on the tables.
Holdem Manager 2 Setup (Section 3)
1. In Holdem Manager 2, click on SITE SETUP. On the left-hand side of the Site Settings pop-up click on iPOKER. Under AUTO IMPORT FOLDERS, check to see that the Red Dragon Card Catcher directory is listed. If you used the default install locations the folder will show as: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ace Poker Solutions\Red Dragon Card Catcher\HandHistories. If it’s not listed, then click on the green + sign, and under folder, add: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ace Poker Solutions\Red Dragon Card Catcher\HandHistories. Click OK. Click on Close to the Site Settings screen.
2. Load up your Red Dragon Poker client and log into your account.
3. Once the import folder is properly set up, click START CATCHER from the Red Dragon Card Catcher.
That’s it. You may need to click on STOP HUD and START HUD in the holdem manager ACTIVE SESSION screen, but you shouldn’t have to. If you want to manually attach the HUD, then proceed with the following:
4. Now in Holdem Manager 2, click on the ACTIVE SESSION tab. Select whether you’re playing Cash or Tournaments, and then click STOP HUD.
5. Next click START HUD, and then wait until you’ve played at least one hand on the table you’re on. Once you’ve played a hand, click on the TABLE FINDER Button.
6. From the table finder pop-up window, select one of the tables you’re playing at and then right click and hold down the hud cross on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen and drag and drop it onto the corresponding table name. Make sure you match the table you first selected, to the table you’re now dragging the cross onto.
7. Lastly, it will ask you if you want to add the HUD to this table. Make sure the table name is correct and select OK. Repeat steps 4-6 for each table you’re playing on.
DriveHUD Setup (Section 4)
Once you have selected DriveHUD as your default database, there’s nothing else you need to do or configure. Make sure you load up the Red Dragon Card Catcher first, then your Red Dragon Poker client. Wait for one full hand to be played, and your HUD will appear.
Settings (Section 5)
If you click on SETTINGS on the Red Dragon card catcher, you can change or enable the following settings:
1. Database – Shows the currently selected database type. To change this, click on the change button and select DriveHUD, Holdem Manager 2 (HM2), or Poker Tracker 4 (PT4).
2. Automatic Updates – This is checked by default and will prompt you when new updates are available. Uncheck to turn this message off on startup of the card catcher.
3. Advanced Logging – Check this box to turn on advanced logging for debug purposes. To send a log to support, click on CREATE LOG, and then click on the open file location directory. The card catcher will create a .zip file with your logs you can send to support from this page: Support
4. Disable Warnings – Checking this box will disable any warning messages that Red Dragon card catcher could show you on startup.
5. Use Player ID – Allows users to use the poker site’s assigned user ID number instead of their username/alias. By default, the catcher will track an opponents username/alias, unless this option is checked.